Menu

Where did the import tab go?

2013-12-10
2013-12-28
  • RoestVrijStaal

RoestVrijStaal - 2013-12-10

Hello,

I use Data Crow for managing scripts I've read and scripts I still need to read.

In the past Data Crow had a tab in the main window (not the wizard window) where imported files temporary go to edit its metadata before adding/saving them in the database for real.

For me that tab was essential, since most of the files lacked or included faulty metadata like author or title names.

As a strict reminder to myself I've set 'Status' and 'Category' as 'IS NOT NULL'.

Unfortunately within version 3.12.5, I can't import such files anymore since the importer only feeds itself of the metadata of the file. And thus refuse to import files because 'Status' and 'Category' are missing. Of course I could set those fields back to 'IS NULL', but then I would shortage the purpose why I use Data Crow.

Is there a workaround of it?

Best Regards,

RoestVrijStaal

• Robert Jan van der Waals

That option has been removed entirely. What you could do is import them with a specific container (settings tab). This way you can easily identify the newly imported items and remove them after saving.

I have removed this option to make it easier for most users to use Data Crow.

Cheers,
    Robert

• RoestVrijStaal

RoestVrijStaal - 2013-12-25

I'm afraid you missed the point.

My issue is I can't import plaintext files anymore since the importer only accepts metadata of the imported files. And thus refuse to import files because 'Status' and 'Category' are missing.

I made a container in that Importer dialog but still getting the same error message.

• Robert Jan van der Waals

Will be fixed with the next version