Upgrade problem

Jackie
2013-01-31
2013-02-04
  • Jackie
    Jackie
    2013-01-31

I have been using 3.9.14 (4 installations) and the movie module in each one. I have alot of movies and recordings. :) The new version 3.9.19 allows more than one installation as well. However, when I restore a database, it somehow restores it in all 4 installations wiping out any previous db. If I want to see say db number 3, I have to restore it and once again it copies to all 4 installations wiping out the previous db. I don't mind using the command prompt for switching if possible, but where is the name of the database? I also tried to copy the movie module giving it a new name and export items from movie module then import to new module using both csv and xml, but it only copies 1 item or none. I would go back to using 3.9.14 but recently the IMDB does not function properly in that version. Should I just use one installation and rely on backup and restore to manage by 4 movie modules? Any help would be appreciated.

• If you have 4 installations, all pointing to the same user folder, they will all share the database in there. What you should do is either:
    1- Use the -userdir:<data folder=""> parameter to specify per installation which data folder to use.
    2- Or use the -db: option to use a different database per installation.

Cheers, Robert