Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

dc database is only written when DataCrow is closed

Paul
2013-05-28
2013-07-24
  • Paul
    Paul
    2013-05-28

Hello,

When DataCrow is running, I add entries to the database (using the Item Wizard), everything works (the new entries are displayed).

The problem is this : the modifications seem to only be saved in memory, not in hard disk (dc.script is unchanged, until DataCrow is closed).
    To check my theory, I simulated a computer crash, and discovered that none of my DataCrow new entries were saved.
    So, it seems that I have to quit and restart DataCrow after I add new entries.

I thought I could use "File-->Save all", but it always pops-up a message "There are no changes to save", even after I add new entries.

So, to avoid losing data in case of computer crash, would it be possible to have DataCrow save the dc.script file from time to time ?

Thanks.

• Hi,

The database is set to be an in memory database for the sake of performance.
    Having a flush to disk every so often would be nice, I agree. I'll have to research this whether it is possible with HSQLDB.

Cheers,
    Robert

• Hi,

There is a resolution which I will implement. The solution is to regurlarly create a CHECKPOINT of the database. This has a disadvantage as it locks the database (it is actualyl shutdown) and it slows down Data Crow significantly. I might make this a clickable icon.. not sure yet.

Robert