RADIUS server x.x.x.x:1813 deactivated in global list

Help
GCALA
2015-04-19
2015-06-10
  • GCALA

GCALA - 2015-04-19

Hi

I've configured a daloRadius to works with a Cisco WLC5508.
    For the first month all works OK but now every 6-9 hours I have to stop/restart freeradius service.
    The problem is that every 6-9 hours users complains that they cannot connect to the network: looking to the dalo interface services and configuration seems working fine, then, if I take a look to the WLC I found this log: "RADIUS server x.x.x.x:1813 deactivated in global list".

I cannot understand where is the problem.. I know only that simply stop/restaring freeradius service the system returns back to a proper functioning (for the next 6-9 hours).

I realize that the information expressed for the issue are not many. If anyone has any suggestions would be perfect and very welcome.

Thank you all.

• GCALA

GCALA - 2015-04-20

Hi all

I try to add more info about the problem reported in the last post.

Looking to logs I can find the following report that repeat continuously

Info: WARNING: Child is hung for request 5527 in component <core> module <queue>.

Mon Apr 20 05:07:02 2015 : Error: Discarding duplicate request from client XXXX-WLC1 port 32768 - ID: 176 due to unfinished request 5531

I raise up the server timeout setting on the WLC side (default was 2 sec, now is 6s) and at the moment I'm keeping the system under monitoring.

• Liran Tal

Liran Tal - 2015-05-15

Sorry, I don't have any experience with that Cisco equipment and daloRADIUS.

• GCALA

GCALA - 2015-06-10

Hi Liran, thanks for reply.

Making some fine tuning in the freeradius conf file (for ex on max.request value) and adjusting interim-acct-time interval the issue was fixed.

Anyway I found another issue with the mysql db.. I open a new post in another conversation.. If you kindly give me some suggestion you are welcome :)

https://sourceforge.net/p/daloradius/discussion/684102/thread/5ff8c078/#303a

Last edit: GCALA 2015-06-10