Help
Jimmy
2011-09-05
2013-04-25
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    2011-09-05

When I run gmake I get these errors:
    /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libcrypt.so when searching for -lcrypt
    /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libcrypt.a when searching for -lcrypt
    /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/librt.so when searching for -lrt
    /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/librt.a when searching for -lrt
    /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libresolv.so when searching for -lresolv
    /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libresolv.a when searching for -lresolv
    /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libnsl.so when searching for -lnsl
    /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libnsl.a when searching for -lnsl
    /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libm.so when searching for -lm
    /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libm.a when searching for -lm
    /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libdl.so when searching for -ldl
    /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libdl.a when searching for -ldl
    /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libssl.so when searching for -lssl
    /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libssl.a when searching for -lssl
    /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libcrypto.so when searching for -lcrypto
    /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libcrypto.a when searching for -lcrypto
    /usr/lib/libexpat.so: could not read symbols: File in wrong format
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    gmake: ***  Error 1

What is DACS compatible with CentOS 5.6?

• Barry Brachman
    Barry Brachman
    2011-09-05

There is not enough information provided to figure out exactly what is happening.
    At minimum the configure command (or config.nice) and config.log are needed, along with
    a typescript of the build.  And I have to assume that this is DACS 1.4.25.

Note that DACS has not been tested on CentOS 5.6 - refer to dacs.readme(7).

A wild guess, though, is that maybe 32-bit and 64-bit code is being linked, which will not work.
    It could be due to a difference in the way OpenSSL installs on Linux (or at least RedHat/CentOS) for a 64 bit platform.

Try this:  edit the DACS src/defs.mk file and replace all occurrences of
    openssl-1.0.0a/lib with openssl-1.0.0a/lib64 (I count two of them - YMMV).
    Then 'make clean', 'make', and 'make test'.
    If you run 'configure' again you'll need to repeat the edits.

A new version of DACS is scheduled for release this month and it will probably be tested on CentOS 5.6.
    If there is anything to add here after that, we will do so, and if there is a bug we will try to fix it.

Barry