• Heavens
    Heavens
    2008-11-25

Are there any?

• Dhiraj Gupta
      Dhiraj Gupta
      2008-11-26

Hi johnnyheavens,

Yes, there are source code install instructions, they are in a README.txt file in the source code snapshot zip. Do go through this, as of now it's recommended to build-from-source on any linux distribution.

We use Ubuntu Linux (8.0.4) and it works fine on that.

Do post here about how it went.

Regards,
      Dhiraj Gupta.

• Beat Keller
      Beat Keller
      2008-12-08

I have a plone 3.1.7 on windows vista, installed with the buildout-based installer. How can I add the cynin snapshot?

• Dhiraj Gupta
      Dhiraj Gupta
      2008-12-09

Hi bekeller,

For windows vista, I'd recommend running the vmware appliance rather than trying a source buildout for simplicity reasons. (There are problems with getting search indexing utils and all the dependencies working on windows - like for example, we're using an asynchronous mail notification service called maildrophost which is not likely to function well on Windows)

Your best best is to run the cyn.in vmware appliance. The second best bet (if you'd rather do development than use our production appliance) - is to install an Ubuntu CD into a new vmware virtual machine (easily accomplished) and then buildout on that (again easily accomplished).

I myself am using VMWare server (free) to run ubuntu with cyn.in buildout on my windows laptop, like this - it works great.

Thanks for trying out cyn.in,

Regards,
      Dhiraj Gupta.

• Beat Keller
      Beat Keller
      2008-12-09

Thank you for your immediate answer. I'll try the second best bet with Ubuntu on the VMWare server.