In particular, I did
I was able to get it all working on another fresh install. I followed
the directions at
Thank you for the help. The Cygwin Ports software is great. Thank you
- Did basic install from kernal.org with X11 and other packages.
- Did a download from ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports (made
sure kernal.org was not selected) to the local disk without an
- Edited the "setup-timestamp" on line 5 of the setup.ini file to
have the current
time of "date +%s" using vi.
- Did an setup.exe update from the local disk. This accessed both
the kernals and ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports downloads.
- Looked at the "cygcheck -d -c" output to see which packages
still needed to be installed and installed them by checking the "keep",
selecting the packages I wanted, and installing them.
- Had to do a ./rebaseall to get it to work after I installed
some more packages from kernal.org