Migrate to .Net

2011-10-26
2013-06-11
  • Mario Pfeiffer
    Mario Pfeiffer
    2011-10-26

Hello, i am planning on migrating Cybera to .Net
    That would make it possible to add new functions and compatibility but also should help to get more support
    from a wider user base.

My question is, did anybody allready start a migration or conversion or has any experience with that ?

• alcoheca
    alcoheca
    2011-11-03

This would be a great thing to see happening. I looked at adding WIFI support via a Chillispot / radius setup but I was thrown by the source code. Maybe it's time to take another look at this.

• Theodor Willax
    Theodor Willax
    2011-12-23

Hi tryknor,

I have already a running version of Cybera client ported to VB.NET 1.1 - it needs only some GUI rearrangements and building the setup. Than it should be compatible and running with the latest VB server version. A next step would be to port the server, which will be somewhat more work I think.

Are you interested in getting the code to do further development. I couldn't get into contact with Samuel to get subversion access to this project. If I could, I would have made the code available in a separate branch.

Regards,
    Theo

• Peggy
    Peggy
    2012-02-29

Hi Theo,

I would love to get access to your client code ported to VB.NET.   Can you make it available?

Thanks
    Peggy

• Theodor Willax
    Theodor Willax
    2012-03-05

Hello Peggy,

give me some days, I'll zip the source tree and make it available for download.

Regards,
    Theo

• Theodor Willax
    Theodor Willax
    2012-04-15

Hello Cybera Users,

in my attempt to port the Cybera software to Visual Basic .NET I created a new sourcforge project: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cyberanet/ .

The first step of my attempt - to port the client to VB.NET  is already in an prealpha stage. During the next week's I will try to migrate my local svn repository to sourceforge, so my development efforts can be shared with the community.

Best regards,
    Theo

• Melvira Jalisi
    Melvira Jalisi
    2012-07-27

<<- nice waiting for that   :)

• Peggy
    Peggy
    2012-07-27

Look at http://sourceforge.net/projects/cyberanet/

Do you have experience with Cybera?  I am trying to connect to the cybera.mdb via OleDbCmd.  I need to
    reload the client accounts each day.  I can't seem to figure out what the format should be for the dates.

Glad to see more interest in this great product!

• Theodor Willax
    Theodor Willax
    2012-08-03

Hello Peggy,

whats exactly the problem with reading the timestamp field (you're speaking from user.last_login, aren't you)?

Regards,
    Theo

• Peggy
    Peggy
    2012-08-03

Hi Theo,

I import a file every morning with that day's client accounts.  Currently, I do this through Microsoft Access.  I export the client numbers from my database and create a text file with values that give each client one hour of time on that day only.  I then save the database named cybera.mdb and open it with Cybera.

What I would like to do is to write a script that will pull the client list from a file, add the extra columns and load that into the database using OleDbCmd (or some other command line application).  My problem is that I can't figure out what to put in the import file for the dates (beginning date and ending date) nor for the amount of time allowed (1 hour).  It seems to be looking for a (large) number, but I can't figure out what the algorithm for the number is.  I assume that it is a number where the first x digits denote the number of days since some starting point, and the following digits indicate the time.  I got to the point where I thought I knew which digit would change from one day to the next, but found that the digit was not exactly one day (increasing the digit by 14 would give me 15 days or 13 days).

So my question is:  What is the internal format of the date fields in Cybera?

Thanks for any help!
    Peggy

• gty
    gty
    2012-09-29

hi i am interested about .net version, but i can't find the codes under https://sourceforge.net/projects/cyberanet/ .would like to know the statua of this .. tq

• Theodor Willax
    Theodor Willax
    2012-10-01

Hello,

the last weeks I was very busy and had no time to upload the sources (so there are still none). My first attempt to upload my whole local svn repository did not work, but I think it's usefull to not only share the code by also the svn history. I hope to get it online within the next days.
    Regards,
    Theo