Development activity

Help
2006-06-10
2013-04-02
  • Shinobu Kawai
    Shinobu Kawai
    2006-06-10

Is there any development activity going on?

I think it should at least support downloading the latest sourceforge CVS repositories.

• Achim Bursian
      Achim Bursian
      2006-06-22

I'm with you, stringly!
      cvsgrab is useless at the moment for me, because I can't get to SourceForge projects any more.

• Ludovic Claude
        Ludovic Claude
        2006-06-27

Hello all,

I'm not very active at the moment, as i'm getting married and i broke my home computer, so sorry for not updating CVSGrab with the latest changes from Sourceforge and the like.

If somebody wants to keep CVSGrab going, just tell me and give me your Sourceforge user ID, i will be glad to give you commit rights to the project.

Or just sit back and relax, i may fix CVSGrab bugs later in September, but for me CVSGrab is not useful anymore as i've changed jobs and now the company firewall doesn't block CVS ;-)

Regards,
        Ludovic

• Shinobu Kawai
      Shinobu Kawai
      2006-06-26

I wonder if the author, Ludovic Claude, is still active?  I guess my last choice would be to fork a new project from this...

• Achim Bursian
        Achim Bursian
        2006-06-27

I think it wouldn't be necessary to fork a new project. Abandoned projects can be taken by other developers, I think. Just contact the SourceForge staff.
        As I don't know Java, I can not contribute, even though I would love to.

• Achim Bursian
        Achim Bursian
        2006-06-27

Did you try to contact him directly, already? Via SourceForge...

• Shinobu Kawai
      Shinobu Kawai
      2006-06-28

Ludovic,

Congrats on your marriage!  (And sorry about your PC...)

I'd like to continue developing CVSGrab.  Can you please add me as committer?  My sf id is 'shinobukawai'.

Thanks,

• Gilson DElrei
      Gilson DElrei
      2006-06-29

I agree with  Shinobukawai
      I think that CVSGRAB should at least to consider the lastest updates on sourceforge CVS repositories especifications (ViewVC ?).
      best regards.

Gilson

• Gilson DElrei
      Gilson DElrei
      2006-07-06

Is CvsGrab ViewVC 1.0 compliant ?
      Thanks,
      Gilson DElrei

• Shinobu Kawai
        Shinobu Kawai
        2006-07-07

The current released version is not, but I've put a patch here:
          https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1503120&group_id=52481&atid=467004

• Shinobu Kawai
          Shinobu Kawai
          2006-07-13

I've checked in the patches for FishEye and ViewVC, so the latest in CVS will support them.

• Achim Bursian
            Achim Bursian
            2006-07-14

Well, not everybody knows how to build a Java program, sorry. I'm working with 10+ different languages, but Java is not among them :-(

I think it would be good to release a file package 2.2.3.
            Make sure to update the version, at the moment your snapshot still says "CVSGrab version 2.2.2 starting..."

A big thanks that you added this ViewVC support! Keep it running!

• Shinobu Kawai
              Shinobu Kawai
              2006-07-14

I don't have release permission on this project, but I told Ludovic that the stuff is in CVS.  I guess he's still pretty busy, so it will be a while until the next release.  So as for now, please use my snapshot version at http://www.picoservice.com/cvsgrab/.  :)

(I also don't have Tracker management permission, so all the resolved items are still left open.)