Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

new circulation - "error in your SQL syntax"

Help
2006-09-19
2013-07-17
  • Hello,

when I want to finish a new circulation i get the following error:

INSERT INTO cf_circulationprocess values (null, 1, , , 1158678314, 0, 0, 0, 1)You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' , 1158678314, 0, 0, 0, 1)' at line 1

I use the german frontend, phpMyAdmin 2.7.0-pl2, PHP Version 4.4.1 on Windows 2003 Server.

Thank a lot, Bodo

• Timo Haberkern
      Timo Haberkern
      2006-09-20

I will check this. I hope i get a solution in the next few days.

best regards

Timo

• I think it's a problem in the german date-field. After getting the errormessage I have a new circulation-entry with the following strange entrys:

Name: OK
      Current station: (,)
      Days in process: 13412

Best regards, Bodo

• This happens as well with the English translation as well. Precisely as the other person described.

• Is the space before the digit the issue?
      INSERT INTO cf_circulationprocess values (null, 4, , ,<here> 1159464620, 0, 0, 0, 4)You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' , 1159464620, 0, 0, 0, 4)' at line 1

• I get the same error - any idea on a fix?

I did manage to clear the error by forcing insert of single quotes instead of spaces between the commas, IE like:

NSERT INTO cf_circulationprocess values (null, 4,'' ,'' ,<here> 1159464620, 0, 0, 0, 4)

but even though the circulation inserted ok, the station name was not displayed (it displays "(,)" instead) and circulation does not start (no e-mail).

I also tried the SVN repository version, no luck. 

Erik

• I Also get the same error (english translation)
      The server running on my workstation,Windows XP SP2, using :
      Apache 2.2.3
      MySQL 5.0.27
      PHP 5.2.0
      CuteFlow 2.6.3

On Creating circulation I Got Error message :

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\cuteflow\pages\editcirculation_write.php on line 284
      INSERT INTO cf_circulationprocess values (null, 724, , , 1169712547, 0, 0, 0, 583)You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' , 1169712547, 0, 0, 0, 583)' at line 1

Somebody has solution to this ?

• I found out the such Error generated When I tried to modify (choose "adapted") the mailing-list priority assigned instead of choosing the "default". (Step 2/3 of creating circulation). Any solution would be appreciated.

Regards,
      Arief K 

• Dear all,

Got the same problem (on Suse). Did somebody found a patch ?

• Timo Haberkern
        Timo Haberkern
        2007-05-01

Should be solved with version 2.7.0 which will be released the next days

Timo

• Is this problem related to a date format (that I am able to change on a test environnement). I would need to make a demo in my company within the next days precisely - any version stable enough for this purpose, waiting for the 2.7.0.

But in any cases the product looks very well thought and very easy to use. Thanks a lot for the idea and the work.

Emmanuel
      Switzerland

• I believe this is an apostrophe issue: I created a Document Template with an apostophe and this happened.  Are the rest of you doing the same?  As soon as I removed the apostrophe the error disappeared.

• Anand Raman
    Anand Raman
    2012-02-24

When i try to create a new circulation, I am getting the following error message "INSERT INTO cf_circulationprocess values (null, 4, , , 1330105925, 0, 0, 0, 4, 0)You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' , 1330105925, 0, 0, 0, 4, 0)' at line 1". I am using the latest version of CuteFlow with Apache and PHPadmin on XAMPP. Any help would be appreciated.

• Stevetuk
    Stevetuk
    2012-03-05

I'm also experiencing this error:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ………………………./language_files/language.inc.php on line 65
    INSERT INTO cf_circulationprocess values (null, 20, , , 1330972256, 0, 0, 0, 40, 0)You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' , 1330972256, 0, 0, 0, 40, 0)' at line 1

• Jeffrey Deng
    Jeffrey Deng
    2012-03-22

I got the same problem also for revision 2.11.2 when I restart circulation. How to fix?

• tanathos
    tanathos
    2012-04-02

Ok, here's what I found. When you look at the table cf_circulationprocess you will find that the fields are by default created with NOT_NULL, that means they have to contain a value and the query string inserts two empty values (, , , ) by inputing a hand made query with some values you will see that the query works.

There are two way as I see it to fix it, either change the values of those fields to accept null values as well.

either (nSlotID and nUserID) should be populated , I am not really sure at this time if by creating a new user the nUserID populates and don't know what nSlotID is yet) I will be back with the answers in a few hours.

• patzu
    patzu
    2013-07-17

Dear all,

I Also get the same error, when i try to create a new circulation :

INSERT INTO cf_circulationprocess values (null, 39, , , 1374051269, 0, 0, 0, 57, 0)You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' , 1374051269, 0, 0, 0, 57, 0)' at line 1
    revision 2.11.2

Somebody has solution to this yet ?