Not working

TomB
2007-05-21
2013-04-25
  • TomB
    TomB
    2007-05-21

Im using the plugin in linux with pidgin and amarok under the MSN protocol. The only part i'm really wanting to use is the buddy icon feature. The preferences are set to set the buddy icon from amarok's current track and in the currenttrack directory there are all the album art for tracks that have been played. The problem is, none of the information seems to be displaying in pidgin and the album art isn't being changed. I've tried combinations of turning on/off the user buddy icon and global buddy icon and also tried setting it manually to the current track's art from the currenttrack directory but it remains on that and doesn't change. Any ideas?

• luminous lemon
      luminous lemon
      2007-05-22

im on winxp and cant get any buddy icons to update with the album art either. similarly all the artowrk is being copied to the relevant place just not showing in pidgin. i managed to get the icon to change for all protocols apart from yahoo in gaim. in pidgin not seen one icon work yet.

• John Roark
        John Roark
        2007-05-22

Have you given the new version (1.2) a try? There are some buddy icon changes in it. The icons for Yahoo don't work... it's a Pidgin/YIM problem... not sure when or why it stopped working.

• TomB
      TomB
      2007-05-22

Installed the rpm of 1.2, set my prefs up again to take the buddy icon from amarok but the same problem. The art is output to the currenttrack directory but my buddy icon remains as nothing. What should the setting be for the buddy icon under account prefs? have tried unticking the buddy icon box, ticking the box but clicking 'remove' on the current icon and selecting the current albumart manually but again no success.