Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Long Wiki page titles

2010-08-05
2013-06-05
  • Esen Sagynov
    Esen Sagynov
    2010-08-05

Hello Daniel,

1. I would like to know how did you implement the breadcrumbs in Wiki? Do you generate them in runtime based on the current page's title? That is if the page title is

"CUBRID Manuals/cubrid 2008 R3.0 manual/CUBRID SQL Guide/Environment Configuration for Java Stored Functions-Procedures"

then in runtime you create the following breadcrumbs:

"Home < CUBRID Manuals < cubrid 2008 R3.0 manual < CUBRID SQL Guide < Environment Configuration for Java Stored Functions-Procedures"

2. What I wanted is the display only the exact page title without the preceding ancestor titles. In the above case is to display only "Environment Configuration for Java Stored Functions-Procedures". Otherwise, both page title and breadcrumbs are same, thus, redundant. The page title has too big font in this case, and confusing.

3. What you could do is not to change the page titles, but to generate the shorter form in runtime. That is you extract only the current page's title from that long title. If this is not possible, let me know.