Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Message error : "Can't create sim...

Help
hubhub
2010-03-20
2013-04-02
  • hubhub
    hubhub
    2010-03-20

Hello,
    I've NPPP (UNICODE) v5.6.8, I've downloaded CSSExplorer.2.0.2.UNICODE.BIN, installed CSS and copied the .dll file in the plugin directory.
    I've the CSS icon in the toolbar, but when I click the button, while a css file is opened, I've a message error : "Sorry, can't creat simulation files".
    Can you help me, because this plugin seems to me very useful.
    Thanks

Hubhub

• 2010-03-20

Hi,
    Our plug-in creates simulation "css" file - "designSimulation.css" in the folder of notepad++.
    Therefore if this folder is "read only" folder, "designSimulation.css" file can't be updated or to be created..

Our solution:

Right click on the main folder of notepad++ ("Notepad++")  => remove the attribute read-only
    => select "apply changes to this folder, subfolders and subfiles"  => ok.

• hubhub
    hubhub
    2010-03-20

Hi,

Thank you for your reply but i can't remove the attribute read-only even with MS-DOS command.
    I've removed too the UAC => if I have no longer the error message, the CSS-explorer window in Notepad++ is empty.

Thanks for your help.

Hubhub

• Bulli-Bus
    Bulli-Bus
    2010-05-18

Hi.

First I had the same problem, but I was told to install notepad++ as administrator and to run it as administrator - so I do not have the problem that it can't write the designSimulation.* files. But the plugin still has an empty window… so I can't use the plugin :-(…..

bulli-bus

• 2010-05-23

Hi,

We are working on a new version of CSS-eXplorer.

Updates soon.