From: Michael Gogins <michael.gogins@gm...> - 2011-01-28 00:18:05
(1) Running files stored in paths that contain spaces doesn't work.
This is a common problem with cross-platform software trying to run on
Windows. Let me know if you want to try to fix it before I release the
Windows installer. The usual solution is to enclose the directories in
the path that do contain spaces in quotation marks.
(2) Sometimes it is not clear whether QuteCsound has stopped playing.
(3) Sometimes it is hard to stop QuteCsound from playing, and then it crashes.
(4) MouseChords example does not work (can't find .csd file), there
still seems to be a colon at the beginning of the path name.
(5) I suggest you put a maximize button on the widgets panel.
(6) I suggest you rework all your examples to work with the
midi-interop command-line options so that the virtual keyboard can be
used to play any example.
(7) FLOSS examples synthesis submenu does not show up.
That said, it's looking good. It co-exists with FLTK widgets and the
virtual keyboard and with at least TkInter and possibly other Python
widget toolkits. It runs my Python scripts. The built-in McCurdy
examples now work.
I think it's great that you have built in some good examples of what
Csound can do, this is an obvious incentive to beginners, I suggest
you let some beginners play with a bunch of the examples and put the
ones they find easiest and like the most on top of the heap.
I am moving on to other parts of the system. Let me know if you want
to work on anything more, or whether I should just go ahead and
It's particularly wonderful to have Stria as an example!
Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com