crosti - Build your personal cross stitches.
Web site: https://sites.google.com/site/crostiapp
This tool allows you to make your own unique cross stitch scheme from custom image. You can resize and rotate image, reduce the number of colors, change image palette, make cross stitch scheme, preview it, save and print. Cross stitch scheme edition available: colors and icons changing, new color addition, color fill, scheme pixel draw, lines and half-stitches.
1. Input images: BMP, GIF, ICO, JPEG, JPG, MNG, PBM, PGM, PNG, PPM, SVG, TIF, TIFF, XBM, XPM.
2. Output cross stitch scheme: BMP, ICO, JPEG, JPG, PNG, PPM, TIF, TIFF, XBM, XPM, PDF, CST (crosti scheme text file).
At the program first start use wizard to create your first cross stitch scheme.
There is 3 steps to convert picture to cross stitch scheme:
1. Open image.
2. Reduce image resolution and the number of colors. Press F5, and you'll see panel with all you need to do it.
3. Seek button "Make scheme" on the panel you just opened and press it.
Video guide (crosti v.1.3.0 and below): http://youtu.be/tskxVAZS7Uc
New features (crosti v.1.3.0 and above): http://youtu.be/9JQqdH06fr4
Color guessing comparsion: http://sourceforge.net/projects/crosti/files/crosti_v1.4-1.5_color_guess_comparsion.gif/download
* Only DMC color palette supported for now (crosti v.1.10.1 and below). If you need another color palette you have to replace crosti/system/colors.csc file.
* Use Qt 4.8.3 and above to make crosti from source, otherwise you may encounter jpg/jpeg image saving bug.
* crosti v.1.7.1: Annoying crash present on Windows systems when you try to fill large area with color. Save often.
* crosti v.1.5.1 and below: On Linux system use "crosti -graphicssystem raster" command line to start crosti. It will increace crosti perfomance significantly.
* crosti v.1.5.1 and below: If you have problem with language, put crosti executable file in the crosti dir and run: crosti -l_en