From: Cream for Vim <creamforvim@mi...> - 2002-09-11 03:19:04
*** Cream (for Vim) Version 0.15 Released ***
The Cream (for Vim) project (http://cream.sourceforge.net) has
released the latest version of an easy-to-use configuration for Vim.
Cream configures the famous Vim text editor so that it is simpler to
use for those of us familiar with Apple or Windows platform software.
Through intuitive menus, keyboard shortcuts, and extensive editing
functions, Cream makes Vim approachable for new users and adds
powerful features for experienced users on both Windows and Linux.
Some new Cream features from the 10 September 2002, v0.15 release:
* None. This release visibly entails mostly bug fixes, although behind
the scenes additional work has been done in anticipation of a new
Cream script plug-in scheme. This will allow optional add-on
features to be selected through a dialog and assigned to a "power
* New Oceandeep color scheme (by Tom Regner)
* Spell check now independent in each open file. (Note: The dictionary
is loaded separately each time which increases memory usage.)
* Added HTML filetype mappings for PHP files, too.
* Improved file sort including some bug-fixes
* Better syntax highlighting handling and detection of .txt files.
* Bug fixes in opening last buffer on restart
Advanced User Improvements
* Cream now remembers screen position and font per platform. If you
use the same Cream installation for both Windows and Linux, you
won't have to re-set your font and window position between the two.
* New Settings menu option to open new files in a single Vim session.
We continue to identify and resolve bugs in the project, but know
there are many more. If you find a bug, check the ToDo list to make
sure it hasn't already been identified and then forward it to the
See these web pages for more:
Installation (and Download):
Announcement Mailing List: