Ever since the Arcane Marksman class got implemented, people have a renewed interest in "how the heck do I get enough ammo for [insert cool feature using ammo here]!?" How about one (or more) of the Gods granting the player the ability to convert wooden objects into ammo, like the spell Sticks-to-Snakes allows creation of snakes with wooden objects?
Maybe there would be an even better way to implement this, such as by a spell directly (rather than a god-ability). However, my proposition is that:
1. Player has wooden object(s), like a quarterstaff (ammo like arrows do NOT work!).
2. With sufficient piety, the player activates the ability.
3. The player may pick an item from their inventory.
4. A menu pops up: "What type of ammo?"
5. Select whatever type of ammo you want to create.
This could be extended, so that the options of what to create depend upon what type of item is chosen (rather than just being able to pick wooden items). Large rocks could yield stones, metal objects could yield javelins, bolts, and sling bullets, with wooden items for darts and arrows. Perhaps even throwing nets could be created, if we could think of an appropriate material... (leather armor, perhaps?)
I don't know, but maybe this approach would be more desirable than a flat "Pray to [game deity]; you are now buried in ammo."