CppUnit with DevStudio2005 sln/vcproj files

AJ Sahukar
2009-08-12
2013-04-22
  • AJ Sahukar
    AJ Sahukar
    2009-08-12

I have converted the dsw/dsp files to DevStudio 2005 compatible solution (.sln)/project (.vcproj) files.

I used DevStudio 2005, SP2 on an XPPro(32-bit) machine to perform the builds.

Each solution was built in the Debug/WIN32 configuration and the CppunitLibraries solution was additionally built in the Debug-DLL/WIN32 configuration.

The builds were not completely clean – warnings regarding exporting a class without exporting its base class were noted.

The test applications ran and my understanding of the surrounding semantics lead me to conclude that the warning is not critical in this case.   Others may have differing opinions.

Given the above, pragmas can be used to suppress the warnings if they are troublesome for you.

//--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    // Disable compiler warning
    #pragma warning (disable : <warningID>)

<affected code>

// Re-enable the compiler warning
    #pragma warning (default : <warningID>)

The one fatal error I encountered was addressed on the webpage: Sarathc CPPUnit Error Fix:.  I have updated the source code to reflect Sara’s recommendation.

I would be more than happy to post the tarball for peer review if someone would let me know the appropriate protocol.

Thanks,

AJ