dispatchBYE compile problem

Help
2005-01-31
2012-11-20
  • Austin Acton
    Austin Acton
    2005-01-31

Hi,
    I'm trying to add ccrtp to Mandrakelinux, but I'm having this compile error.  Please advise on a problem or a patch.
    Thanks,
    Austin
    Mandrake Cooker (gcc 3.4.3, glibc 2.3.4, CommonC++ 1.3.1)

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -Wall -ansi -pedantic -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -march=i586 -mtune=pentiumpro -I/usr/include/cc++2 -D_GNU_SOURCE -c duplex.cpp -o duplex.o >/dev/null 2>&1
    In file included from ./ccrtp/pool.h:47,
                     from pool.cpp:39:
    ./ccrtp/rtp.h: In destructor `virtual ost::TRTPSessionBase<RTPDataChannel, RTCPChannel, ServiceQueue>::~TRTPSessionBase()':
    ./ccrtp/rtp.h:168: error: there are no arguments to `dispatchBYE' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of `dispatchBYE' must be available
    ./ccrtp/rtp.h:168: error: (if you use `-fpermissive', G++ will accept your code, but allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)
    ./ccrtp/rtp.h: In member function `void ost::SingleThreadRTPSession<RTPDataChannel, RTCPChannel, ServiceQueue>::startRunning()':
    ./ccrtp/rtp.h:445: error: there are no arguments to `enableStack' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of `enableStack' must be available
    ./ccrtp/rtp.h: In member function `void ost::SingleThreadRTPSession<RTPDataChannel, RTCPChannel, ServiceQueue>::run()':
    ./ccrtp/rtp.h:458: error: there are no arguments to `getSchedulingTimeout' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of `getSchedulingTimeout' must be available
    ./ccrtp/rtp.h:461: error: there are no arguments to `controlReceptionService' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of `controlReceptionService' must be available
    ./ccrtp/rtp.h:462: error: there are no arguments to `controlTransmissionService' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of `controlTransmissionService' must be available
    ./ccrtp/rtp.h:465: error: there are no arguments to `getRTCPCheckInterval' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of `getRTCPCheckInterval' must be available
    ./ccrtp/rtp.h:472: error: there are no arguments to `dispatchDataPacket' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of `dispatchDataPacket' must be available
    ./ccrtp/rtp.h:474: error: there are no arguments to `timerTick' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of `timerTick' must be available
    ./ccrtp/rtp.h:476: error: there are no arguments to `isPendingData' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of `isPendingData' must be available
    ./ccrtp/rtp.h:478: error: there are no arguments to `takeInDataPacket' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of `takeInDataPacket' must be available
    ./ccrtp/rtp.h:484: error: there are no arguments to `dispatchBYE' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of `dispatchBYE' must be available
    ICECREAM[12894]: Compiled on 192.168.2.54
    make[3]: *** [pool.lo] Error 1
    make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/austin/rpm/BUILD/ccrtp-1.2.0/src'
    make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/austin/rpm/BUILD/ccrtp-1.2.0/src'
    make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/austin/rpm/BUILD/ccrtp-1.2.0/src'
    make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

• Austin Acton
      Austin Acton
      2005-02-09

No need to panic everyone.  I figured out a workaround.
      g++ -fpermissive

• David Sugar
      David Sugar
      2005-03-23

This has also been fixed in newer ccrtp releases, which support gcc 3.4 and later....