Fantastic program! Well done. It installed easily on my Vista 64 machine. My folder structure is:
e:\Music\Rock\Artist - Album\song01.mp3
e:\Music\Jazz\Artist - Album\song01.mp3
e:\Music\Country\Artist - Album\song01.mp3
Each folder contains a folder.jpg file for the cover art. All I had to do was to edit the .ini file to list my folders and this thing worked perfectly right off the bat. I have 1,100+ albums in Rock, 900+ in jazz and the thing is fast. Of course, I'm on a Q9550+4GB RAM, so that doesn't hurt. The best thing I can say about the program is what my son said after he played with it a bit: "Wow, I wish my iPod did all this!"
A few minor bugs:
1) in the config dialog box, the + doesn't work for me. the - does. So, I can remove the default music locations, but I have to edit the .ini to add folders. Doesn't bother me, I prefer notepad to guis anyhow (really, prefer vi ;-)
2) If I am in Rock and queue up a song (in jukebox mode), then move to Jazz, the "now playing" icon gets fsck'd up. It reads the title from the current genre, but doesn't show a folder icon. To fix this, you'd probably want to cache the album title & icon when songs are added to the playlist
3) I have one album (so far) that won't advance. That is, when the song is done, it doesn't move to the next song. Not sure what's with that. I can manually advance from one song to the next. It *is* a VBRI (not VBR) - I know this is a bit unusual. I'm assuming a player problem. Again, no biggie, I can re-encode it.
1) Keep it simple don't go adding a bunch of funky features.
2) That said ;-) In the playlist, it would be nice to be able to move a song(s) up or down. I see you can remove a song w/ the delete key. Icons would fit nicely at the top, to the right of the album cover. Select a song, click + or - to move it up/down. Maybe allow ctrl / shift to select multiple songs. Not a high priority issue.
Mikael LE BERRE
First of all, Thank you for your message.
I add all yours remarks in my TODO list for a future version of coverJuke.