Help
elavinnie
2006-05-16
2013-04-30
  • elavinnie
    elavinnie
    2006-05-16

Hi community,

since a few weeks I've been unable to connect between my OSX and XP machine. The OSX to other windows machines works fine. I use the latest COVNC, tried it with firewall on/off and have the latest realVNC installed on XP with latest patches installed. The firewall there is off as well as I just VNC within a local network.

It seems to connect, at least I get a screen + the a fullscreen notice. But it's entirely grey and the window is called RFBConnection, don't know if this is normal?

Any help would be much appreciated! I tried to just remove the COVNC app and reinstall, but it seems to store my settings somewhere I can't find. Maybe a completely clean install will solve the problem? Since it does work with other windows-machines, it does seem to suggest that my problem lies on the other end.

• elavinnie
      elavinnie
      2006-05-16

OK, nevermind! It was a winVNC problem, I had to add my local IP to it. Something about "access control" not being configured to accept connections. At the same time, this could get troublesome if I try to connect from another IP.