Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

"Miles Robinson's Mac mini" in connections

Help
Nick
2007-08-25
2013-04-30
  • Nick
    Nick
    2007-08-25

I searched all over the place and I can't find anything even related to this.  I have a Macbook, I've been using Chicken of the VNC for a few months now.  I was using it earlier in the day, I turned it off, when I came back about 4 hours later and turned it on, there was a new connection in my connections list, entitled "Miles Robinson's Mac mini", the IP was 192.168.1.101:0.  There's no way anyone could have had access to my system, it was off while I was gone.  Has anyone seen this before?  I'm hoping it's just a bug, maybe one of the developer's names got in some default configuration file? Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks.

• morwen2
      morwen2
      2007-08-25

Yes, I'm not sure, it might be Bonjour, but when I take my laptop to work, I see a connection in my list for a fellow employee's VNC server that I've never added.  When I get home and lauch, its gone. :)

• Nick
      Nick
      2007-08-25

Geez, you're right.  It happened when I was logged into my work through the VPN.  I just checked again and it was there, but when I disabled Bonjour it went away immediately, and came back immediately when I re-enabled it.  What does Bonjour do anyways?

Thanks for the info, you really put my mind at ease :)

• morwen2
        morwen2
        2007-08-25

There's actually a great article about Bonjour in wikipedia!  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonjour_\(software)

:)