Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

how to set screen size?!?

Help
mlevin77
2007-07-02
2013-04-30
  • mlevin77
    mlevin77
    2007-07-02

Please help: I'm using Chicken of the VNC on my Intel Mac (Tiger) to administer an XServe in a different location. The window that opens up on my desktop is much smaller resolution than it should be and I can't see most of the host's desktop. Where is the screen size set?!? I can't find the option anywhere in my VNC client. The server I'm using is the standard OSX VNC that comes with Tiger. Is there something I can put in its startup file or what?

• Ward Clark
      Ward Clark
      2007-07-03

Chicken of the VNC first opens its view of a server screen is a modest-size window (my guess is 1024 x 768). When the server screen is larger than that, you'll see only the upper left corner, with scroll bars on the CotVNC window.

If you have a large screen on your Intel Mac, simply enlarge the CotVNC window to see more.  The green resize button does a great job of making the window the size of the other screen.

If the server screen is larger than your viewer screen, you'll have to live with scrolling the viewer window.

As far as I know, CotVNC will not scale the server screen image to fit in a viewer window.