Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Trying to talk to an older iMac G3

Help
ArtMac
2008-09-25
2013-04-30
  • ArtMac
    ArtMac
    2008-09-25

Hello all,

I am new to this forum.  I am an educator.  I run a small computer lab of mixed macs.  I am running three types of Macs in the room (Soon to add a fourth).  I use my personal MacBook Pro running chicken of the VNC 2.0b4 to monitor the student computers.  I have no problems viewing or controlling the eMacs (Running vine server); however, I am also running older G3 iMacs and they are running Vine server (2.0 I think) as well.  Unfortunately, I can only view the iMacs.  If I try to set the connection for control but it won't work.  I select the iMac from the list, (There is no password) and tell it to connect.  The window that would be showing the iMac desktop  comes up and immediately an message comes up that the connection was terminated.

What am I doing wrong?  I love the programs and the fact that I have been able to set this up on my own.  Help!