Can't access my G4

Help
benglett
2006-03-07
2013-04-30
  • benglett
    benglett
    2006-03-07

I have a G4 iBook, a new G5 Quad and a G4 desktop. I don't have any trouble in either direction with the iBook and the G5 and I can access both the iBook and the G5 from the G4, but I can't access the G4 from either of the other systems.
    The Sharing and Apple Remote Desktop > Access Privileges are all the same on the G4 as they are on both of the other machines.
    It pings fine and File Sharing works fine.
    What am I missing?

• joemikeb
      joemikeb
      2006-10-10

I am having the same problem with a G4/733 Quicksilver. The other two computers on the network are a G4 iBook and an iMac Core Duo. They can connect to each other and the Quicksilver can connect to either of them, but neither can connect to the Quicksilver.

• Kurt Werle
        Kurt Werle
        2006-10-10

My <machine 1> is connected to <hub/switch> and has IP address <something>.
        My <machine 2> is connected to <hub/switch> and has IP address <something>.
        My <machine 3> is connected to <hub/switch> and has IP address <something>.

Machine 1 is running <os version>.
        Machine 2 is running <os version>.
        Machine 3 is running <os version>.

Machine 1 can/not ping machine 2, 3.
        Machine 2 can/not ping machine 1, 3.
        Machine 3 can/not ping machine 1, 2.

Machine 1 can/not telnet machine 2, 3.
        Machine 2 can/not telnet machine 1, 3.
        Machine 3 can/not telnet machine 1, 2.

Machine 1 can/not vnc machine 2, 3.
        Machine 2 can/not vnc machine 1, 3.
        Machine 3 can/not vnc machine 1, 2.

• bathurst_guy
      bathurst_guy
      2007-05-07

Same deal here.  I can access my Macbook from the G4 but not the other way around.  It appears as though it connects but the screen is not displayed on the MacBook.  Maybe something to do with the graphics card in the G4 no being able to pass it through??