core2usb is a Windows program to install (Tiny) Core Linux on USB stick or other removable media, except floppy disk and CD/DVD. It offers a fast and easy route to get started with (Tiny) Core just having ISO file downloaded from http://www.tinycorelinux.net
- developed for (Tiny) Core Linux
- compatible with version 4.x including 4.2
- portable, no Windows installation needed
- adds WAITUSB=5 automatically to boot options
- optionally created tce /tce directory on USB
Do not have to be installed on Windows, just run the .exe downloaded
Its usage is easy and straight forward.
- Format target USB drive for FAT (FAT16 or FAT32 depending on system and size) making sure there is enough free space for system. Add extra free space if /tce directory is created to store downloaded extensions and backup on the same USB.
- Download ISO file you want to install.
- Start installer.
- Select ISO file
- Select target drive. In the list free and total capacity is indicated. Target drive must be empty.
- Click INSTALL button to start installation. It may take some time, please be patient.
- When finished, a pop-up message will appear.
It is a beta test release, tested on Windows XP and Vista. There may be bugs, but it is expected to be safe to try without any risk to demage your Hard Disk
I need you feedback, comments. Please use mailing list for communication.
1.4 running on XP
1.4 running on VISTA
1.4 running on 7