Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

REQUEST: Minimise to System Tray

jason404
2009-05-11
2013-06-12
  • jason404
    jason404
    2009-05-11

I have Console running all the time.  It would be great if it could be minimised to the system tray.  Could this be implemented please? 

Doesn't anybody else think this would be a good improvement?  I can't see what the point of the system tray icon is otherwise. 

Cheers.

• Ellisar
      Ellisar
      2009-05-11

Completely agree.

• Nighted
        Nighted
        2009-05-20

totally agree. I run a console game server sometimes and it's annoying that I have to use another process just to minimize it to the tray.

• Roger Pack
      Roger Pack
      2009-05-19

So currently you can specify "try icon" (on or off) "taskbar icon" (on off) but minimize to tray is the request?
      -=r

• jason404
        jason404
        2009-05-21

Of course.  When you have Console running all the time, it would be really good if you can minimise it to the system tray, so that it does not take up space on your taskbar, when you are not working with it.

• Roger Pack
      Roger Pack
      2009-05-22

if you install anvir process manager (they have a free edition) it creates an option for this by clicking the upper left icon.  If that helps :)
      -=r

• jason404
        jason404
        2009-05-22

I already have a program that cam minimise program to the system tray:  http://www.abstractpath.com/powermenu/

But I always run as a normal user account, and have Console2 RUNAS the domain administrator account.  As Console2 is not actually running as the current user, it does not work on it.

If this program you mentioned can work with a Console2 instance that is RUNAS another user, please tell me.

It would still be much nicer to have this ability within Console2 itself.  Another program that I have running all the time, Total Commander, can do this.

• jason404
        jason404
        2009-05-22

I already have a program that cam minimise program to the system tray:  http://www.abstractpath.com/powermenu/

But I always run as a normal user account, and have Console2 RUNAS the domain administrator account.  As Console2 is not actually running as the current user, it does not work on it.

If this program you mentioned can work with a Console2 instance that is RUNAS another user, please tell me.

It would still be much nicer to have this ability within Console2 itself.  Another program that I have running all the time, Total Commander, can do this.

• Roger Pack
      Roger Pack
      2009-05-27

nope it doesn't work if you run as another user.  If you submit a patch it might be accepted :)
      -=r