How to use console2 with Unicode character?

Yu Qinghe
2008-11-26
2013-06-12
  • Yu Qinghe
    Yu Qinghe
    2008-11-26

hi all, i am Chinese and located in China,i using Console2 every day.
    i found a problem:
      if i have some files that name include Unicode Character,then i type 'dir' command,will display some invalid character.
    how to resolve this problem?

• Yu Qinghe
      Yu Qinghe
      2008-11-26

BTW,how to attach a file?

• Yu Qinghe
      Yu Qinghe
      2008-11-26

when in problem,type 'cls' command,everything restore.

• Please read the section Running Console -> Language settings in the Console 2 help file.

There are some steps you need to perform manually in order to enable support for complex scripts (like Chinese)

• Yu Qinghe
      Yu Qinghe
      2008-11-28

hi Marko Bozikovic,i do something according language settings in help file, but i can not open property window by right click on console window.

• Hi,

You have to follow the steps exactly.

If you are referring to step 3 in the help file, you need to start Console, unhide the real Windows console window (go to View->Console window), and then left-click on Windows console window icon to open its menu. There you can access Windows console properties.

• Yu Qinghe
          Yu Qinghe
          2008-12-01

even i right-click on console windows or left-click on console window icon, i can left-click on properties menu,but nothing opened.

• If you open regular cmd.exe, can you open its properties?

• Yu Qinghe
              Yu Qinghe
              2008-12-08

yes i can open properties windows in regular cmd.exe window.

• And you are unable to open properties in the cmd.exe window that you unhide from Console?

• Yu Qinghe
                  Yu Qinghe
                  2008-12-08

yes, i am unable to open properties in the cmd.exe window that i unhide from Console,
                  but i can open properties in the cmd.exe window that i run cmd.exe command in start-->run dialog box.

• Yu Qinghe
      Yu Qinghe
      2008-11-28

but in console window, Unicode can display correct .

• Luke Jackson
      Luke Jackson
      2009-01-08

Hi all

I can replicate this problem as well.  Unicode language is set to Chinese (PRC), and I have followed all other steps, but the properties window on the console window does not appear. :(

• DongHyun Moon
      DongHyun Moon
      2009-04-03

Hi,

I tried all the steps, but the properties windows on the cmd window does not appear...

• Trustin Lee
      Trustin Lee
      2009-05-19

I found that installing the following registry file simply fixes the problem. (There were more registry values added when I update the Windows console properties, but they were safe to delete.)

* http://gleamynode.net/files/Console2.reg.zip

Perhaps Console2 could update the registry by itself when it starts up?  Then we won't need the complicated 3 steps anymore. :)

The registry file has been confirmed to work in Windows Vista x64.  I guess it will also work in Windows XP or later versions.

Please ping me when the new version with the suggested fix (i.e. self registry update on startup) is released.  I will delete the file.  Just for the record, here's the content of the registry file:

-------- CODE BEGINS --------
      Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Console\Console2 command window]
      "FontSize"=dword:00050000
      "FontWeight"=dword:00000190
      "FontFamily"=dword:00000036
      -------- CODE ENDS --------

HTH,
      Trustin