Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

window size problems on win7

2010-05-14
2013-06-12
  • leigh stewart
    leigh stewart
    2010-05-14

First: thanks to the dev team for releasing a 64 bit version. This small improvement makes console vastly more useful for me.

Initial Problem:
    I could resize a window without issue, but whenever I would open a new tab, the window would revert back to 80 columns. This is in spite of the fact that I set the columns buffer/window to be 120 or thereabouts.

Now:
    I can't resize. The underlying cmd.exe window won't extend beyond 80 columns or so.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thanks.

• Unhide the hidden console window, set its font size to something small (e.g. 6pt), click OK. When asked, select 'save settings for all windows'

After that, you should be able to resize the window.

Cheers,

Marko

• leigh stewart
    leigh stewart
    2010-05-17

no dice. i check view->console window, set it to a small font, hide the console/don't hide/close etc. and i still can't resize. the console border extends beyond the edge of the cmd window, so that there is an empty box to the right of the console background

• Hm,

Please submit a bug report with detailed information (Console version, OS version, etc) and your config file and I'll take a look.

Cheers,

Marko

• leigh stewart
    leigh stewart
    2010-05-19

This appears to be related to 2967440, although the symptoms are different. Setting buffer size > 9999 causes the behavior above on restart of the app. Setting buffer size <= 9999 is an easy workaround (except I could use more buffer columns :D).
    Next time I'll check the bug db too.