Use exe for tab icons

Paul Moore
2012-04-12
2013-06-12
  • Paul Moore
    Paul Moore
    2012-04-12

When I create new tabs in the settings dialog, I can set the tab icon using an "ico" file. It doesn't appear as if I can use an executable file - the obvious case being when I want the tab's icon to be the icon embedded in the executable of the shell I'm running in the tab.

Is this right, or have I missed a way of setting the icon like this?

Thanks,
    Paul.

• Kirill
    Kirill
    2012-04-12

Paul,

no, you have not missed anything. There is currently no way. I was looking into it, but didn't get around to actually implement it.

• Kirill

• Paul Moore
    Paul Moore
    2012-04-12

OK, thanks. Not a huge problem.

On another note, I have set custom colours (the solarized theme for Console). But having done so, I can't get a tab to use a background image (short of overriding the tab's "black" back to RGB 0/0/0). Should I be able to set a custom image background in a tab if Console's colours are modified?

• Kirill
    Kirill
    2012-04-12

Wow… two "no"s a day… that must be some kind of a record :)

If you background color is not black (not RGB 000) it takes precedence over the background, and you will see the background picture only in the "frame" (few pixels around the text). But it seems to make at least some sence .

• Paul Moore
    Paul Moore
    2012-04-13

Again, not a problem. "No"s are good because at least I know to stop looking for a solution :-)

Thanks - easy enough to work around by setting the tab colors anyway.
    Paul.

• ShadowFlare
    ShadowFlare
    2012-04-15

The current workaround for icons is to extract the icons you want by using a resource viewer or editor.  There are various ones that all work, so I won't recommend any specific one, but the search terms to find one are very straightforward.