MKS - bash with Console2: popup error window

2009-07-15
2013-06-12
  • Adrian Sima
    Adrian Sima
    2009-07-15

Hi,

I'm using Console2 for my daily tasks and I'm very pleased to use it (I'm on WinXP SP2).

I encountered a problem that bother me especially when compiling:
    When I compiling, I need to use bash  from MKS and the problem is that when I type a command that does not exist, an pop-up error window is shown, telling me that : "Command xyz: not found" and nothing is printed on the Console2.

This is very annoying form me when compiling, because when this happen, the process is waiting for user to click "OK" on the error pop-up windows.

Is there a way to disable this behavior?

Thank you and keep going -> you are doing a good job.

Adrian.

• I faced the same issue, and discussed this with MKS's Tech Support. My current, albeit imperfect, workaround is to launch the shell with the -G option. But in some cases, the popups do come back...

• Adrian Sima
        Adrian Sima
        2009-07-16

Hi Stéphane,

Thank you for your answer. I've tested the workaround proposed by you and it works in all cases where I have the control on how the shell is started, but as you said in some cases (for me when compiling) the popups still come back.

But anyway, the workaround proposed by you is something more that before. Thank you!

Adrian.