2010-02-01
2013-06-12
  • Derell Licht
    Derell Licht
    2010-02-01

Hi All;
    This is a combination of two previous problems:
    1. I was one who had the keyboard-lockup problem under Windows 7
    2. Also, I have a problem related to tcc/le (formerly 4NT, preformerly 4DOS); PgUp is supposed to pop up a window showing previous commands that I've entered, and let me select one for editing or execution.

Well, issue #1 was solved by build 145.  Issue #2 had previously just been marked as "issue closed, no further comment".

However, now I'm running build 145 under Windows 7 Home Premium, and I'm finding that if I hit PgUp, the keyboard locks up on me!!  Only the current console locks up, the other open dialogs continue to work fine. 

Is there someone who could look at this and try to resolve it?  If, in addition, we could get the popup window to work for TCC/LE, that would be a very nice additional plus!

• Derell Licht
    Derell Licht
    2010-02-04

Okay, Kirill's current interim build solves this problem.  Now, when I hit PgUp, it changes the focus to the outer dialog, and Escape changes it back to the main window with everything working.

I *still* wish PgUp worked properly in tcc/le (bringing up the history window), but at least I no longer crash the session when I hit this key.

• Derell Licht
    Derell Licht
    2010-02-04

Well, shoot… no, even with Kirill's version, I still have the PgUp lockup on my work machine.  I don't know why it would be different than my home machine, they are both Windows 7 Home Premium, and I pretty much tend to run the same software in both places.

Anyway, this lockup still occurs, if anyone every has a chance to look at it.

• Hi,

Does TCC open a regular Windows dialog, or is it a 'console' dialog, like 4nt?

If it's a regular Windows dialog, there is a setting in Settings->Console, 'Start Windows console hidden'. If it's checked, try unchecking it…

Marko

• Derell Licht
    Derell Licht
    2010-02-09

Hi Bozho!
    Okay, that solved the question 3 problem!!  That's a good thing. 
    "Start Windows console hidden" was unchecked.  I checked it, and now I no longer hang the way I described in Question 3; instead, this console operates as I described in question 2, meaning I no longer get an unrecoverable hang on PgUp.
    I'll be satisfied with this until (someday) we can actually pop up that Windows window!!
    Gorlash