Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Ctrl-c doesn't work?

2012-10-03
2013-06-12
  • Kyle McKnight
    Kyle McKnight
    2012-10-03

Does Ctrl-c not work to stop a running command in the console? It seems that it doesn't kill commands for me. I'm actually using consle2 to run a PowerShell session and if I use a cmdlet that requires a parameter without filling in the parameter, it will prompt me for the parameters. Stanard PowerShell, but if I want to press ctrl-c to braek out of the command, it doesn't let me

Thanks!
    Kyle

• mil_spec
    mil_spec
    2012-10-03

I second this question.

Ctrl-c worked for me for a long time.

I'm not sure if it  stopped working when I switched computers (and re-installed a later version) or if I accidentally tweaked a setting.

Console nicely plugs a hole in windows. Yet I'd like ctr-c back. On more than one occasion i've kicked off a build then remembered I forgot something and want to cancel it. Without ctrl-c I need to go to the task manager, kill the process, etc..

thanks,

• Are you sure that Ctrl+C is not mapped to Copy selection in    .
    In my version if I clear that mapping the Ctrl+C touch is working like normal.

• Kyle McKnight
    Kyle McKnight
    2012-10-03

d'oh! Good call. That worked haha.

• I have build a new version of Console-devel 2.0b148b available at:
        https://sourceforge.net/projects/console-devel/files/console-releases/2.0b148b/

Where you can test a new way to bind the interrupt command to e.g.: Ctrl+I and get a way to have access to the the interrupt command and keep your binding with Ctrl+C for the Copy selection command.

Vivian.

• Kyle McKnight
    Kyle McKnight
    2012-10-08

Awesome! Thanks!