Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Resizing window makes text disappear?

AgentHEX
2008-08-21
2013-06-12
  • AgentHEX
    AgentHEX
    2008-08-21

If I make a window smaller in dimension (say width 100 to 50), the text that was on the right side of the cutoff disappears.

Is this expected behavior?

• Unhide the hidden Windows console window (View->Console Window). If it shows the same thing, then it is an expected behavior, since Console shows what the console window shows.

Cheers,
      Marko

• sean hawk
    sean hawk
    2012-02-18

I still have this problem.  Does anyone know how to solve it?  Thanks!

• Kirill
    Kirill
    2012-02-19

Unhide the hidden Windows console window (View->Console Window). If it shows the same thing, then it is an expected behavior, since Console shows what the console window shows.

So, what does your hidden window show?

• sean hawk
    sean hawk
    2012-02-19

So, what does your hidden window show?

It does show the same thing, but I don't understand why this is normal.  I'd expect the same behavior as the default Windows console.

• Kirill
    Kirill
    2012-02-19

Do you have 0 in Edit > Settings > Console > Buffer size > Columns? If so, change it to 80 (or your preferred value) to achieve the same behaviour as cmd.exe. However, you will not be able to make the window wider than that .

• sean hawk
    sean hawk
    2012-02-19

2012-02-19 05:43:10 PST
    Do you have 0 in Edit > Settings > Console > Buffer size > Columns? If so, change it to 80 (or your preferred value) to achieve the same behaviour as cmd.exe. However, you will not be able to make the window wider than that .

OK.  I see.  Thanks!