Arrow scrolling and history

Anonymous
2011-03-11
2013-06-12

• Anonymous
    2011-03-11

I have a similar problem to people previously mentioning an impossibility to go through history with up/down arrows. They also mentioned afterwards it was a scroll lock problem (or they were been told).

I have a laptop and I could use Console2 (which I really appreciate) with no problem until today. I have pressed several shortcuts in an attempt to find a command in another software. I believe I have triggered the scroll lock (Fn + F5 on my laptop). But now, I got this behavior in Console2 which is: if I press up to go through history, it scrolls the buffer up (and not the commands). More annoyingly, if I press left/right, it does not do anything (so I cannot edit the commands). I now removed the scroll lock. I first delete my xml and relaunched Console2. I reinstalled Console2. I reinstalled Console2 with the 64bits lib (my laptop/OS are 64bites). I even rebooted. But nothing changed. I am kind of worried that I'll have to find another alternative…

Anyone would have an idea about how to correct this?
    Thanks a lot!

• Anonymous
    2011-04-18

I reinstalled Console2. I reinstalled Console2 with the 64bits lib (my laptop/OS are 64bites). I even rebooted. But nothing changed.

Your problem seems different, but in my case turning off scroll-lock reverted to the normal behavior for arrow keys (move cursor left/right and scroll through history up/down). Thank you for mentioning scroll-lock!

• Kirill
    Kirill
    2011-04-18

Usually the described behaviour is indeed explainable by having Scroll Lock active (which is sometimes not obvious on laptops).

If you have problems with turning Scroll Lock off, you can try to disable Use Scroll Lock for scrolling in Console Settings > Hotkeys. You might also want to change the hotkey for Stop scrolling (which is Scroll Lock by default).

• Anonymous
    2013-05-30

I fixed this problem by going into :

Edit -> Settings -> Hotkeys

Then finding 'Scroll buffer row up' which was set to Up, selecting it Hitting the 'Clear' button which will set the assigned key to 'None'

THEN HITTING THE ASSIGN BUTTON

Did the same for 'Scroll buffer row down'

VERY IMPORTANT TO HIT THE ASSIGN BUTTON AFTER HITTING CLEAR! 
    Verify that None shows up next to the scroll commands in question up in the assigned keys list.

• Kirill
    Kirill
    2013-05-30

Unfortunately, this fix will break scrolling the buffer with the Scroll Lock function.

If you cannot turn off Scroll Lock on your computer, instead of reassigning Scroll buffer keys, you can just uncheck "Use Scroll Lock for scrolling" in Edit > Settings > Hostkeys and assigning None to Stop scrolling command as described just to not hit the weird up/down behaviour again.