Install Compiere on Apple Mac

2010-02-17
2013-05-02
  • ismet sener
    ismet sener
    2010-02-17

Hi,

I want to install Compiere on Apple Mac.
    I have allready installed the PostgeSQL 8.4 on Mac.
    I have allready created a folder on the program-location (named: Compiere2)  and I unzipped the Compiere files which I downloaded from Sourceforge to the folder I created (compiere2)  but when I execute the file  RUN_setup.bat    is does NOTHING

Java is allready standard on the Mac,  I have updated to the newest version of Java.

So what I have to do to run Compiere on Apple Mac,  who can help me?

Regards,
    ISMET

• Mel Haynes Jr
    Mel Haynes Jr
    2010-02-17

I made an attempt at this a while ago and was not successful. I did find some hints that may help you out though. This was my response to a post almost a year ago when I first started using Compiere

Topic:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/compiere/forums/forum/108148/topic/3030248?message=6648394
    -

I found a way around this issue. When looking at the build scripts to build from source, there is a test for the existence of a file called tools.jar. OS X does not have this file ( the functionality is in classes.jar ) so what I did was go to the $JAVA_HOME/lib and create a tools.jar file. To create the file I just created a new text file called tools.txt and inside it, wrote a short description of why I am creating the file and then did a jar command ( jar -cvf tools.jar tools.txt ). Now that this jar file is in the path, the program should not run.