Import data to Compiere

Alexei
2005-11-01
2013-05-02
  • Alexei
    Alexei
    2005-11-01

We are evaluating Compiere and got a few questions so far:

1) How do you Import Item Master, Invoices, Contacts and so forth? The Import Wizard is there but what about the data format? Can you map fields or they have to be in a specific order in csv?
    2) Can you specify a unique chart of accounts for an org within the client? So that for example i have 3 orgs in the Client, can every Org have separate chart of accounts?
    3) If not, can you specify Business Partner relationship between Orgs in different Clients?

Thanks in advance.

• James Minney
      James Minney
      2005-11-22

1) There are certain specific things you can import, (the main ones), and these are the things you find on the Menu in the Data Import area.  "Contacts" are imported within the BusinessPartner import.  If "Item Master" means products, that's there.
      2) Yes
      3) Clients are, I think, completely independent and sealed off from eachother.  I may be wrong, but I don't think an Org can be set up that is visible from more than one Client.  Think of "Client" as in the ASP context.  But as the answer to 2) is Yes, you're probably good to go.