Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Integration with UPS, Fedex, DHL etc.

Kulahni
2005-11-09
2013-05-02
  • Kulahni
    Kulahni
    2005-11-09

Compiere 2.5.3a
    Oracle 10g

Hi,

I'm wondering how people are handling integrating Compiere with shipping companies (UPS, Fedex, DHL, etc).  Are you exporting your shipping data into the companies shipping system or are you directly mapping the Compiere tables to the shipping software?  Or something else?

Currently we export our shipment data as a CSV file and import it into the UPS worldship software or Fedex Ship Manager software.  However, the Compiere data structure and workflow (which I do not yet fully understand) might make this problematic.  So I'm wondering if other people have dealt with this issue and come up with a robust solution that is fully automated where possible.

Any thoughts?

• Mat
      Mat
      2005-11-10

Hi there,

we created an interface for UPS to get things automatically done. Also interfaces are desingend for 3rd partie suppliers of multi carrier solutions.

Some contraints are important (pre calculated shipping costs is never reliable as packing information is not yet reliable).

Just send me a PM - but aware that this will not be open source.

cheers

• "Also interfaces are desingend for 3rd partie suppliers of multi carrier solutions."

Can you give some examples of this?  Is Kewill Clippership one you support.

Thanks,
        Brian

• Does anyone know if there is any plan to get this functionality into the releases?

I would think this would be pretty much stanard for most users.

I am currently evaluating Compiere for implementation at my company?

Thanks,
      brian

• Talk to KnowledgeBlue (Brock or Jim). They have fully integrated UPS, FedEx and USPS. There is some cost associated with it !!!