Accidentally deleted gardenworld role

Thom Hahne
2006-07-10
2013-05-02
  • Thom Hahne
    Thom Hahne
    2006-07-10

Hi all,

When I was creating users and their roles I accidentally deleted de gardenworld role I think.
    At least I can not enter the gardenworld case anymore.

When I choose the gardenworld role, the client and organization stays empty. And in the bottom of the login screen the message says: “role missing or incomplete”

Does anyone know how to fix this problem.

Thanks in advance!

• RAM
      RAM
      2006-07-10

Hi Thahne,

ReExecute the script RUN_ImportCompiere in the $COMPIERE_HOME/utils directory.

But pay attention you will erease all data and restart your database Compiere, all your modifications since your first install are erased

Raouf

• Thom Hahne
      Thom Hahne
      2006-07-10

Hi Raouf,

I realy don't want that becaus we have compiere already so far that we can go live any moment. Isn't there a less spectaculair solution?

at least thanks for your fast response!

Greetings Thom Hahné

• Andrea
        Andrea
        2006-07-10

are you using oracle as DB?
        if yes and if you are running in ARCHIVELOG mode you can undo the transaction via FLASHBACK DATABASE (or something like that) just in the point of time before the deletion?

I'm not an Oracle expert but I have played around with flashback funcionality (for flashback queries only) and it's incredible! :-)

HTH,

Andrea

• Yves Sandfort
          Yves Sandfort
          2006-07-10

Why not use Migration toolkit to revert the gardenworld client to it's defaults, as you normally would not have created your mods in there...

Bye

Yves

• Thom Hahne
      Thom Hahne
      2006-07-11

I don't think I deleted the gardenworld client. But only the role to acces this case. Isn't there a simple method to create a new role for it?

Thanks already

Thom

• Yves Sandfort
        Yves Sandfort
        2006-07-11

The easiest way is the migration toolkit, it would cleanup GardenWorld to the install state while leaving your other clients as they are.

Yves

• Thom Hahne
      Thom Hahne
      2006-07-13

Hi Yves,

I did the migration and gardenworld works again. So now I can play with it.

Thanks!

Thom