Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Product name not translated in Sales Orders

Noumenon
2006-05-30
2013-05-02
  • Noumenon
    Noumenon
    2006-05-30

    Hi everyone

    I'm using Compiere 2.5.3b with multilingual documents and I have a problem with product names not translating on sales orders. On invoices and shipments, though, products get translated to the language of the business partner as expected. This problem is also limited to product names only - product document notes, for instance, are correctly translated on all document types.

    Because of this translation problem, we cannot send out order confirmations to our customers at the moment...

    Is that a known issue? Could someone try to reproduce this (I tried it on a fresh installation of GardenWorld)?

    Thanks a lot in advance for your very much appreciated help.

     
    • Cap Barthodia
      Cap Barthodia
      2006-05-30

      hi noum !
      have you check if your product name is translated in  the translation tab  ? (product window)
      you have to set show translation tabs in 'preference'

      regards

      Geoffroy

       
    • Noumenon
      Noumenon
      2006-05-30

      Geoffroy,

      Thanks for the quick reply. The products are correctly translated.
      The problem _only_ occurs when printing sales order documents. When generating invoices and shipments from that sales order, these documents print with the correct translation of the product names.

      Best regards
      Noumenon

       
    • Assuming you are using "standards" printing views, you can query the C_Order_LineTax_VT using the C_Order_ID of your sales order as parameter.  If your product name is not translated, the problem reside in the Oracle view.

      regards,

      Chris.

       
      • Noumenon
        Noumenon
        2006-05-30

        Chris,

        The column "Name" of the table C_Order_LineTax_VT actually shows english product names, while other tables like C_Invoice_LineTax_VT show the translated names.

        So it looks like it's an Oracle view problem as you suggested. Now that I know the cause, what steps will I need to take to solve this issue?

         
    • Using a SQL tool like SQLDeveloper / TOAD / TORA you have to find back the source SQL (create or replace view C_Order_LineTax_VT as select....) (In SQLDeveloper, you just have to browse the views and go to the 'SQL' tab and copy/paste the generated sql). Verify that the "Name" field comes from the M_Product_Trl table.

      regards,

      Chris.

       
    • Noumenon
      Noumenon
      2006-05-31

      I followed Chris' suggestions and at first glance it seems like it is working now (still need to test it).
      What I did was replacing the line that reads
      COALESCE(c.Name,p.Name||productAttribute(ol.M_AttributeSetInstance_ID), ol.Description) AS Name, -- main line
      by
      COALESCE(c.Name,COALESCE(pt.Name,p.Name)||productAttribute(ol.M_AttributeSetInstance_ID), ol.Description) AS Name, -- main line
      in View C_Order_LineTax_VT.

      Many thanks for the excellent support!