Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Creating warehouses

FETTER
2008-09-11
2013-05-02
  • FETTER
    FETTER
    2008-09-11

Hello everyone.
    I have been using this software for testing and checking if I will switch to it or not.
    I have 3 warehouses. I would like to set them up where I can see exactly how many items each one of them have. In other words; Warehouse 1 has 20 A parts, warehouse 2 has 25 A parts. Someone orders 30 parts. I want to be able to make an order and ship from two different locations.
    Is it possible? How can I do that?
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks!

• G
      G
      2008-09-11

Fetter,

This is a pretty straightforward operation in Compiere.  Eseentially you're going to set up multiple warehouses (in your case A and B) and locators (if you dont have locations within the warehouse, you can use the default for warehouse A and B), and you will do Material Receipts to bring the part inventory into each seperate warehouse.  Then you can check on inventory levels, by warehouse, using Product View (you can accomplish this a few different ways).

Let me know if this helps - or dont hesitate to email me directly at gmobisson@NOSPAM_levementum.com. (eliminate NOSPAM_ from email address).

Geoff

Geoffrey Mobisson
      Levementum

www.levementum.com
      88 S. San Marcos Place, Chandler AZ 85225, USA
      mailto:gmobisson@levementum.com  |  phone: 480.234.3993 |  fax: 602.297.6766 | skype: gmobisson

• surya
      surya
      2008-10-13

Suppose you have material "A" at two warehouse "X(20 qty avaiable here) and Y (10 qty avaiable here)" and you get the Sales order of 25 quantities.
      I hope this is the case.

If this is the case, then it's very easy in compiere.

It means you have to firstly move the 5 quantities from "Y" warehouse to "X" warehouse.
      In compiere you open the "Inventory Move" window and move the 5 quantities from "Y" warehouse to "X" warehouse.

While creating the warehouse we have to create the Locator for every warehouse. I hope you know this concept because on "Inventory Move" you have to give the "From Locator" and "To Locator".

Now you are able create the SO of 25 quantities of Material "A".

If you have any doubt then mail me at surya_9211@yahoo.com

Regards,
      Surya