Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Database import problem on EnterpriseDB

Bigduke
2007-03-22
2013-05-02
  • Bigduke
    Bigduke
    2007-03-22

Has anyone encountered this warning while importing the DB for enterpriseDB?

pg_restore: WARNING:  foreign key constraint "fk703_14574_8472" will require costly sequential scans
    DETAIL:  Key columns "m_attributesetinstance_id" and "m_attributesetinstance_id" are of different types: numeric and integer.

Unfortunately the import process halts after this ... its beginning to be very frustrating because the installation steps only cover import on Oracle.

• Hi,

>Has anyone encountered this warning while importing the DB for enterpriseDB?

Just one important step is missing here. Compiere ERP-CRM do not support Enterprise DB or Postgres. Any attemps to import dump into Enterprise DB are useless.

Kind regards,
      Trifon

P.S. I will not write about one project (fork of Compiere ERP-CRM which support Postgres, as i do not want to make advertisement here, but please try to find it)

• Yves Sandfort
        Yves Sandfort
        2007-03-22

Trifon, you should check before writing, Enterprise DB etc. is in final test phase for weeks now...

So please stop telling people that it doesn't work, we have seen posts from fork people more than once now...

• Hi Yves,

>Enterprise DB etc. is in final test phase for weeks now

good news, can u help the user to use Enterprise DB?

kind regards,
          Trifon

• Hi Yves,

sorry but it is me again.

I would like to suggest you one challenge.

You state that Compiere works on Enterprise DB.
          >Trifon, you should check before writing, Enterprise DB etc. is in final test phase for weeks now...

If you manage to run Compiere 2.6.0c on Enterprise DB i will reconsider my opinion about Compiere Inc. that they lack knowledge how to make DB independence and will start advertise Compiere ERP-CRM as semi-DB indepenedent application.

Also one question:
          On which version of Compiere, Enterprise DB works with Compiere?

Kind regards,
          Trifon

• Yves Sandfort
            Yves Sandfort
            2007-03-23

I have seen systems working with Enterprise DB, I currently hadn't time to testdrive it myself, but I have seen the results from the partners. Also the developers say it is final check phase to fix the final bugs.

On the last training people used it also the first time, and as I heard even some tried it already with postgres.

So at the moment I can't explain how to install, as I have only tested already setup systems. But if there is no answer here one might consider doing a support request for it.

It should be fully in since 2.6.0c, but we constantly provide updates, so keeping uptodate is a good idea.

Yves