Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Connection to Progress DB

fung
2006-08-15
2013-05-02
  • fung
    fung
    2006-08-15

Hi All,

We are trying to get data from a Progress DB. It requires a JDBC for the connection. It should be progress.jar. Where could this package be downloaded? Any other issues behind linking Progress DB in compiere?

Thanks in advance!!!

• Colin Rooney
      Colin Rooney
      2006-08-16

When you say you are trying to "get data" and  "link" with progress... do you mean to actually run the compiere application?  Because it's pretty much still an oracle app.  There is some Sybase support now, but I think there are still some issues so it might be best to look on the sybase implementation as beta.  And, there are some forked projects that enable compiere to work with other db (like postres) and quick search on sourceforge will give you more info on that.

On the other hand if you are just trying to link to manage an interface or such like ... then forget the above :-) 

As to where you can download a driver, well typically the DB vendor supplies the required drivers. So the progress website would be the best place to start looking!  But, I remember when I was using progress (a long time ago) getting an odbc driver was an issue!  As I remember we had to purchase a driver from someone other than Progress... I think the issue for Progress was the drivers could in effect bypass their licensing limiting the number of concurrent users.  So if progress doesn't supply a jdbc driver there are probably commercial drivers available, a quick google search should resolve that!

good luck

colin

• Chris Kaminski
      Chris Kaminski
      2006-10-23

If you want the JDBC driver, you can get it from Progress @ www.progress.com.  It possibly came with your release on CD.

The driver is made by DataDirect, which used to be Merant and was acquired by Progress in 2004.  They make pretty decent 3rd party ODBC/JDBC drivers.