EnterpriseDB

Firebird
2005-05-25
2013-05-02
  • Firebird
    Firebird
    2005-05-25

Does anybody have Compiere working with EnterpirseDB?

• MGarcia
      MGarcia
      2005-08-23

Hi,

I haven't tried it but it looks good to me, their site:
      http://www.enterprisedb.com/

says it has PL/SQL stored procedures support.

Mike

• MGarcia
      MGarcia
      2005-08-23

From the EDB forum:

Compiere Compatibility?
      Is the EntepriseDB beta operable with Compiere?

If not, is this a goal?
      George Bain Send private email
      Tuesday, May 24, 2005
      We have not tested EDB with Compiere, but taking a look the Compiere website, I do not see any database features implemented in Compiere that is not compatible with EDB.
      Jim Mlodgenski (Senior Architect) (Recognized User) Send private email
      Tuesday, May 24, 2005
      A working PostgreSQL port for Compiere is now available.  Whether it will work in EnterpriseDB is unknown.  Does EnterpriseDB support PostgreSQL's PL/Java?

-Jonah
      Jonah Harris Send private email
      Monday, June 13, 2005
      The current public beta release does not ship with PL/Java, but it can be added by deploying the PostgreSQL PL/Java library to the EDB directory structure and issuing the create_lang command.

Does the Compiere PostgreSQL port require PL/Java? We're currently deciding the Java direction EDB will be taking and if several key projects such as Compiere require PL/Java, it will affect our decision.
      Jim Mlodgenski (Senior Architect) (Recognized User) Send private email
      Tuesday, June 14, 2005
      Yes, Compiere has moved away from PL/SQL in order to support more databases via SQLJ.  Having done that, Compiere will now run on PostgreSQL and Sybase (in addition to Oracle).

-Jonah
      Jonah Harris Send private email
      Thursday, June 16, 2005

mike

• Luca Bertozzo
      Luca Bertozzo
      2005-08-24

I've done a try.

And found mainly two problems:

Compiere code should be modified to use edb jdbc driver, which uses a class naming like org.edb.xxx instead of org.postgres.xxx

Postgresql's update statements have a syntax like UPDATE var=table.var FROM table, instead of UPDATE var (select var FROM table) which is commonly used in Compiere code.

Anyway, I am using compiere with e-evolution mods, and  I am satisfied the way it works.