Compiere with PostgreSQL Configuration

• Dear guys,

i am new in Compiere. How to configure Compiere with PostgreSQL Server.i tried last few days.i am using Compiere-252d and PostgreSQL server is 8.1.

Please help me....

• Yan, SY FUNG
      Yan, SY FUNG

Hello, Krishna!

I am a Compiere+PostgreSQL beginner too.

Just download the "Compiere_252.tar.bz2" tailored make for PostgreSQL from the web site:

and the shell script "".

The above script needs to modify to "wget" files from PostgreSQL web site since some old software packages is missed. Such as, "" and "8.0.7" instead of "8.0.3", "8.0-317.jdbc" files and so on.

Best regards,

Yan, SY FUNG.

• wissem sfar
      wissem sfar

Hi Yan,

Did you ever tested Compiere with PostgreSQL ??

I think that this project is not yet finished.

• Johannes Gubo
        Johannes Gubo

Hello wissem sfar,

i've tried Compiere with the PostgreSQL database dump several months ago.

As far as i can remember and with suspect to my Compiere knowledge i had the time when i tried that it worked really nice.

But my opinion about the PostgreSQL-Compiere Project is that i never would use it in production use.
        Also it seems the project is (about to) asleep.

Well pgsql is a awesome RDBMS and pi use it my own where i can but without the help of Compiere to add a little bit more compatibility for foreign database systems there will never be a good third party solution.

Finally i can say: It works and give it a try but don't think about updating to a newer version of Compiere in any way ;-)

Regards Johannes

• PAscal

Did you have a look at OpenBravo ?
          - Compiere model,
          - PostgreSQL support,
          - native HTML UI