Compiere with PostgreSQL Configuration

2006-06-27
2013-05-02
  • Dear guys,

i am new in Compiere. How to configure Compiere with PostgreSQL Server.i tried last few days.i am using Compiere-252d and PostgreSQL server is 8.1.

Please help me....

Regards,
    krishna.

• Yan, SY FUNG
      Yan, SY FUNG
      2006-08-27

Hello, Krishna!

I am a Compiere+PostgreSQL beginner too.

Just download the "Compiere_252.tar.bz2" tailored make for PostgreSQL from the web site:

http://w3.tvi.edu/~jharris/CompiereLibero/

and the shell script "pg_ent_and_cl_gen.sh".

The above script needs to modify to "wget" files from PostgreSQL web site since some old software packages is missed. Such as, "ftp9.de.postgres.org" and "8.0.7" instead of "8.0.3", "8.0-317.jdbc" files and so on.

Best regards,

Yan, SY FUNG.

• wissem sfar
      wissem sfar
      2006-09-04

Hi Yan,

Did you ever tested Compiere with PostgreSQL ??

I think that this project is not yet finished.

• Johannes Gubo
        Johannes Gubo
        2006-09-05

Hello wissem sfar,

i've tried Compiere with the PostgreSQL database dump several months ago.

As far as i can remember and with suspect to my Compiere knowledge i had the time when i tried that it worked really nice.

But my opinion about the PostgreSQL-Compiere Project is that i never would use it in production use.
        Also it seems the project is (about to) asleep.

Well pgsql is a awesome RDBMS and pi use it my own where i can but without the help of Compiere to add a little bit more compatibility for foreign database systems there will never be a good third party solution.

Finally i can say: It works and give it a try but don't think about updating to a newer version of Compiere in any way ;-)

Regards Johannes

• PAscal
          PAscal
          2006-09-07

Did you have a look at OpenBravo ?
          - Compiere model,
          - PostgreSQL support,
          - native HTML UI

PAscal