Weird Oracle Problem!!

Rajmohan
2004-04-14
2004-04-14
  • Rajmohan
    Rajmohan
    2004-04-14

Hi all,
    Recently I face a very weird oracle problem.  I install oracle9i2 in a new windows machine as a first step to install Compiere.  The machine has 20GB harddisk space.  The installation was successful.  Then I restart the pc. 

After restarting the harddisk was keep on busy & running.  I cannot perform any other actions. Finally I got a message says that the harddisk donot have enough space.  There is no any other program in the hard disk, because the pc is new.  I find the oracle occupy 19 GB, instead of its usual size 3 GB.

Then I check all the folder size.  Finally I find the file -
    D:\Oracle\ora92\Apache\Apache\logs\error_log
    occupy around 16 GB.  There should not be any error, because I haven't install Compiere yet.   Because of this the harddisk always busy & cannot perform any further action. 

Anybody encounter this problem before?  Pls. advice me how to solve this issue?  Thanks.

• I had exactly the same thing. If you check the processes, you will also see that apache takes nearly all your processor resources.
      Compiere does not use Apache, so you can simply deactivate it and delete the log-file. That worked well or me.
      I deactivated it with msconfig/services, unchecking "OracleOraHome92HTTPServer".