how to do custom menus for roles

jindao
2006-05-24
2013-05-02
  • jindao
    jindao
    2006-05-24

How can I do a custom menu for specific role? What  I need is to copy default menu, remove some points from it and/or rearrange something there and assign menu to specific role. Like stocking people  would have access to material management only etc. 
    Thanks in advance!

• jindao
      jindao
      2006-05-24

Hi all,
      I played around this issue and it seems to me that  copying of menu isn't so simple as I want it to. Another stupid problem is that I cannot select multiple records at a time when I'm in list view. This is really annoying as I always tend to move/delete multiple records at once and when it simply  refuses doing that I have to delete themm from the databse which is not the best way to do the things. Help!!

• shankar
      shankar
      2008-01-30

Hello Jindao,

You can set this via Tree & Tree maintenance window.

In this tree maintenance you can assign specific windows to that menu.(Like stocking people would have access to material management only)

After that you need to login as Client , goto Role window, select the role , there is one field called Tree map, select that tree which one you assigned

Logoff and log in as client as that role, you can see only that window..

Thanks,
      Shankar

• Kathy Pink
      Kathy Pink
      2009-03-19

there is not need for custom menus (unless you want a specific order) as the menus are trimmed by the access defined for the role.  Remember removing an item from a window does not prevent access (user can still zoom to the entity)