Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

problem with roles...

axl_spain
2004-10-28
2013-05-02
  • axl_spain
    axl_spain
    2004-10-28

Hi all,
      i have a little problem with roles. I have a client with 2 organizations, and 2 roles, one for the administrator, who has access to *, and the other role for the administrator of    the org. This role, for example, has access to some forms, processes... and i assign this role to 2 users. The problem is that every user only has to has access to one organization, but not to the other organization, and they both has to use the same role, because has the same privileges, but only for his org.
      I tried to do this, but i saw that both users has access to both organizations using the same role.
      There is some way to do this? or i have to create the same role 2 times, one for every user?

thanks and sorry for my poor english...

• Redhuan D. Oon
      Redhuan D. Oon
      2004-11-07

I wonder whether u can make a summary Org?
      Assigned your two present Orgs to that summary Org.
      Then assign that summary Org to that role.

Try it. If that can't work, tell me. I will try to replicate here and give some further hints.

red1

• Kathy Pink
      Kathy Pink
      2004-11-07

summary levels (trees) are use donly in financial reporting.  They have not effect in security.  YOu must geive acces to each org explicitly