Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Client inquiries on status of salesorder

reinier
2006-04-06
2013-05-02
  • reinier
    reinier
    2006-04-06

Hello,

I guess could do with some help on this one:

I stumbled across a very basic question from a sales point of view.

A customer can have a salesorder with multiple ordered items, not being delivered from stock, but purchased at different vendors.

When the customer inquires about the status of his order, it would be nice (or even mandatory) to tell him which items are already delivered by the vendor and what items we are still waiting for. The typical delivery-rule on the Salesorder is 'Complete order', so the shipment-process does not pick up anything for this SO yet.

I can't find any report or window that provides this information on the SO. Does anyone know of a report or window that will serve my purpose ?

Thanks,

Reinier

• Alain
      Alain
      2006-04-20

Yes ! We have had that problem too.

We could not find any report or window in Compiere to handle this.
      So we resolved it by creating a new view in the database combining data from SO and PO's related to  SO (PO's are created with 'Create PO from SO function' in Compiere).
      View matches a table and a new screen in Compiere, and as one of the colums is C_Order_ID, we access the 'Order status' data directly from the sales order window using the zoomaccross functionality (magnifying glass button).

If you have any further question, don't hesitate to contact me: ama<at>audaxis.com

Regards,

Alain

• reinier
      reinier
      2006-05-10

Hello Alain,

Thanks for your reply. I understand the solution. It will be an interesting excersise for me to get this one working!

Regards,

Reinier