Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

html editor

2009-12-02
2013-05-02
  • Mel Haynes Jr
    Mel Haynes Jr
    2009-12-02

There are some columns on the windows that would benefit from an html editor ( for example, the form I am typing in now ) that allows users to enter HTML tags without it being visible. The users are not developers and seeing all the markup is not acceptable. Has anyone experimented with adding an html editor to replace a regular text field?

• Steven Renaud
    Steven Renaud
    2009-12-03

Have you test the "Text Long" Reference  in the Column Definition in the tab "Column" of the "Table & Column" Window ?

• Steven Renaud
    Steven Renaud
    2009-12-03

Then, just right click on your field and you should have a WYSIWYG editor to encode an html text.
    Html tags are not visible in the field of the window.

"Text" reference works quite differently, you can enter some html text and see the result in the editor (right click on the field), but html tags are shown on the field of the window.

Hope this is clear.

• Mel Haynes Jr
    Mel Haynes Jr
    2009-12-03

Thank you for your reply. First, my enviornment:
    Compiere Professional 3.4 Using the Web UI ( have not tried the client yet )

I changed the c_bpartner table name2 column to text and text long. Logged into GardenAdmin and went to the Business Partner ( the maintain business partner, not the info ) and right clicked on it to bring up the editor. I typed in `<b>Joe</b> Block`. The editor still has the html markup as well as the field.

Is this something that only works in the client?

• Steven Renaud
    Steven Renaud
    2009-12-03

Please have a look on the Java Interface (use Text Long Reference).
    No more sure this is totally "standard".